The festive season is well and truly upon us, with the much-anticipated arrival of a brand new menu from Pret. It’s been revealed that they will be serving up a classic Christmas feast this year, featuring all the classics you’d expect to see on your table.
The Queen’s famous Christmas pudding is an iconic meal imbued with nostalgia, steeped in tradition and usually treated as a family affair. With the festive season in full swing, Pret has revealed its seasonal menu for 2018 that will help you get into the spirit of things ahead of the big day.
The “Pret menu” is a seasonal Christmas menu that has been released by Pret. The restaurant chain will be releasing new dishes every week until the end of December.
Get ready because it’ll be in shops today (Picture: Pret)
This year, Pret has stepped up their Christmas menu game.
Supermarkets and café companies release their Christmas menus every year.
Turkey and cranberry combinations are suddenly ubiquitous in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.
While some menus may disappoint, Pret’s has us looking forward to our morning commute so that we may indulge in a limited-edition sandwich.
Sandwiches, toasties, flatbreads, beverages, and more will be available on November 9.
Customers who were fortunate enough to get one before they sold out were overjoyed when the business brought back its legendary Christmas Lunch sandwich in a flash sale this July.
It’s a solid indicator that their holiday products will sell out quickly.
This is what you may expect to see the next time you go to a Pret.
Both vegans and meat eaters are catered for (Picture: SAM A HARRIS)
Pasta and sandwiches
Some Pret savory classics are making a comeback. These are some of them:
- Christmas Baguette: Thick slices of British turkey, port and orange cranberry sauce, herby pig stuffing, baby spinach leaves, mayo, and Pret’s famed crispy onions are served on a baguette.
- Lincolnshire style sausages wrapped in streaky bacon, layered with caramelised onion chutney, and topped with a dab of mustard mayo in a toasty crusty bread.
- Brie, Pistachio, and Cranberry Baguette: Brie cheese on a baguette with cranberry sauce and pistachios.
- Crispy onions are used in this vegan Christmas nut roast. The Pret Foundation will get 50p for each sandwich sold to help fight poverty, homelessness, and hunger.
Vegan Christmas Flatbread is available at Veggie Pret and certain standard Pret locations (Picture: SAM A HARRIS)
The Christmas Stuffing Mac & Cheese is a new addition to the menu (Picture: SAM A HARRIS)
The following are some of the new items that will be available:
- Wiltshire ham, British turkey, herby pork stuffing, and a dab of caramelised onion chutney are all toasted to oozy melted cheddar cheese deliciousness in the new Turkey & Trimmings Toastie.
- Pasta with a herb and pig stuffing combination, creamy mature cheddar, béchamel sauce, and parsley, finished with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs and Italian cheese.
- Vegan Christmas Flatbread: A wholemeal flatbread with a layer of vegan sage mayo, port and orange cranberry sauce, Christmas Pesto, roasted herby butternut squash, sweet potato falafel, and pickled cabbage and carrot, providing vegans extra great Christmas alternatives this year.
- Christmas Pesto, tubetti rigati pasta, vegan béchamel sauce, and herby roasted butternut squash combine in this vegan festive pasta bake. (Only available at Veggie Pret)
The new Turkey & Trimmings Toastie is now available (Picture: Pret)
The Hot Roll of the Pigs in Blankets is returning! (Photo courtesy of SAM A HARRIS)
Sweets and drinks
There’s also a lot of new stuff on this side, so those with a sweet taste will have enough to sample.
Some of the products will be familiar to you from prior years:
- Gingerbread Latte is made with gingerbread syrup, espresso, heated milk, whipped cream, and a dusting of cinnamon.
- Tiffin with cranberries and pistachios for Christmas.
- Melvin, Pret’s Melting Gingerbread Snowman: A delicious cookie for all ages.
- Mince Pie is now created according to a new recipe that is vegetarian-friendly.
There are lots of delectable treats to sample (Picture: SAM A HARRIS)
This time around, there will be some new things to see:
- Love Bar Latte: This drink mixes a Chocolate Caramel Cookie Syrup with a shot of espresso, steamed milk, and whipped cream and caramel sauce, and is inspired by Pret sweet desserts.
- Popcorn Bar Hot Chocolate is a unique drink created with a comfortable popcorn syrup, hot chocolate, steamed milk, and whipped cream and chocolate powder.
- Nutty Salted Caramel Brownie: A rich Belgian chocolate brownie topped with chopped walnuts and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce, packed with dollops of salted caramel sauce.
- Cold Brew Coffee Latte, Cold Brew Coffee Mocha, and Cold Brew Coffee Black are three new flavors.
A champion’s baguette (Photo courtesy of SAM A HARRIS)
Additional Information: Food
‘We know our consumers look forward to our Christmas menu all year long,’ said Briony Raven, Pret’s UK food and coffee director.
‘After missing out on many of our favorite Christmas pleasures last year, we’ve put together a Christmas menu that celebrates the nation’s favorite Christmas meals and Pret sweets, including a comprehensive beverages range inspired by our Pret sweet desserts.’
‘We’ve not only brought back our famous Christmas favorites, but we’ve also produced a number of new dishes, like a new Turkey & Trimmings Toastie and lots of options for our vegan consumers.’ We’re looking forward to welcoming customers back with even more delicious Christmas meals than before.’
The limited-edition menu will be available until the end of December, or until supplies run out.
Pret’s Christmas Lunch sandwich will be offered only in stores and on Deliveroo for the first three weeks, after which the remainder of Pret and Veggie Pret goods may be purchased in stores or ordered via any delivery partner, including Deliveroo, Uber Eats, and Just Eat.
Do you have a story to tell?
Send an email to [email protected] to get in contact.
MORE: When will the Oxford Street Christmas lights be put on, and who will be responsible?
MORE: Aldi’s Christmas commercial for 2021 teases a new banana character, implying Kevin The Carrot’s demise.
MORE: For a taste of Christmas, check out these stunning seasonal gastronomic events and festivals throughout the UK.
- pret a manger
- 2 minute brownies
- great british bake off recipe